- Inflation or Deflation - Which Will Prevail?
- Fed Out of Ammo; Dollar is Toast
- Stratfor: Oil Prices Likely to Remain Low
A review of our trades from the previous week:
- Bought a Swiss Franc position on Tuesday. Tried to pyramid with another position Wednesday night. Sold both on Friday - about even after it was all said and done. Check out this volatility:
- Bought an Australian Dollar position on Tuesday - sold it on Friday at a loss. Again, we unsuccessfully timed the breakout here.
- Bought a Mini-Gold position. Again, tried to buy the breakout.
- Bought a Cocoa position. Ditto.
Our wish list...everything here looks beaten down...silve
- Natural Gas
- Crude Oil
|Date||Position||Qty||Month/Yr||Contract||Entry Price||Last Price||Profit/Loss|
|12/15/08||Long||1||FEB 09||Mini Gold||836.6||837.5||$29.88|
|Net Profit/Loss On Open Positions||$39.88|
|Current Cash Balance||$47,927.72|
|Open Trade Equity||$39.88|
|Long Option Value||$0.00|
|Short Option Value||$0.00|
|Net Liquidating Value||$47,967.60|
Cashed out: $20,000.00
Total value: $67,967.60
Weekly return: -3.6% --> Mostly due to the bad Aussie dollar trade
YTD return: -11.9%
***"Cash out" mostly means taxes, but lately we've also been using it for living expenses, and also to finance a cool new time management software startup that is starting to lift off - and was recently covered by the Sacramento Business Journal.