I don't know about you, but I've got a case of the election blues. And not because my guy didn't win - I didn't even have a horse in this race, I couldn't bring myself to vote for any of these turkeys.
So to cheer up, I've dug out the latest Jim Rogers video. Now here's a guy I KNOW is angrier than I am right now - with free market economics going the way of the Dodo Bird, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and the capital gains tax cut (ugh).
Jim Rogers' latest thoughts (and some great one-liners):
- Bailouts are going to lead to inflation, higher interest rates, and a declining dollar
- The US is making the same mistakes Japan has made, by not letting bad banks fail
- My favorite line: "Ben Bernanke is not even as smart as Greenpan, and he was not smart at all"
- My 3rd favorite: "You can have 10-15 years of bad economics, or you can have 1-2 of bad economics"
- My 2nd favorite: "All (Paulson) has to do is resign and close the Federal Reserve, and the crisis takes care of itself"
- Another gem: "That's why they're in politics - because they don't know anything"
- The only way to make money is to buy the things where the fundamentals are unimpaired - and the only thing that fits that bill is...drumroll...wait for it...wait for it...commodities!
- He owns gold, but the IMF is about to sell a lot of gold - so it could go to $600. If it does, he'll buy a lot. If it goes to $900, he'll buy a lot.
- He's buying agriculture, oil, and shorting government bonds "today"
- Sugar's going to go through the roof over the next two decades - and he breaks out a packet on air!