What does this have to do with investing and markets? Everything. You can't invest today without a thorough understanding of the idiotic decisions coming down the pike by our elected bureaucrats.
I'd recommend parts I, II, and V specifically - but the whole piece is great from start to finish.
- Part I - People who believe politicians can make society better are fools.
- Part II - Today's economic problems were caused by too much government meddling, not too little.
- Part III - The comedy of errors by the government in rebuilding New Orleans - the best results were generated by volunteers who went around the government.
- Part IV - Making fun of bureaucratic red tape that prevents newbies from getting involved in politics.
- Part V - The farce that is farming subsidies.
- Part VI - We're all screwed.