Sunday, April 19, 2009

Andy Kessler: Bernanke Should Spell Out Plans to Combat Hyperinflation

Andy Kessler, famed hedge fund manager, investor, author, and one of my favorite guys to listen to live, writes that Ben Bernanke needs to spell out very soon how he plans to combat hyperinflation.

With all the extra money being created (printed, via "quantitative easing") shloshing around, Kessler believes, as we do, that this could get out of hand real fast if and when the economy starts to pick up again.

I have no idea how Bernanke is going to do it - my guess is that he won't.  I don't believe there's ever been a time in history where this amount of rapid money creation has not led to severe inflation.  If anyone can correct me, please drop a comment below.

Click here for more recent articles from Andy Kessler.

No comments:

Most Popular Articles This Month